JOB POSTING (2/7/2020) – General Sales Manager
WZBB-FM (B99-9, Southern Virginia’s Country Station) has an opening for a General Sales Manager. Turner Media Group is focused on providing world class services to our community. Our goal is to help our partners attain their goals by leveraging our extensive resources.
The General Sales Manager will serve as the face of the business and oversee sales management activities for small market radio station WZBB-FM. The ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, highly organized with the ability to work in a face-paced environment.
- Manage local Account Executives with goal of meeting/exceeding station revenue, prospecting and new business targets.
- Oversees advertising sales activities in assigned market; is accountable for achieving/ exceeding targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales expenses.
- Drives results through others, manages team performance and holds team accountable against business metrics.
- Translates market and station business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue.
- Direct sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
- Set sales goals and guides subsequent goal-setting processes.
- Prepare budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Obtain, allocate and adjust operations resources to achieve sales and service goals.
- Oversees management of available advertising inventory to drive most profitable sales.
- Meets with key accounts.
- Recruit, hire and ensure ongoing training and development of Account Executives.
- Go on sales calls and conduct in-field coaching to develop Account Executives.
- May review and adjust sales territories, product mix targets and assigned call lists.
- May direct other functions such as marketing, advertising, production, traffic and sales operations.
- Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion, and collection standards
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
- Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
- Can create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Adept as entrepreneurial self-starter
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task
- Can push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent business and people decision-making skills
- Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures
- Flexibility and creativity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
- 3+ years’ experience as an Account Executive or Sales Manager in media industry with proven track record of success
- 4-year college degree preferred, not required
Turner Media Group offers competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Location: 10899 Virginia Ave, Bassett, VA 24055
Please send materials for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org